Your organisation could help us make a real difference in the local community.
Ribble Valley Foodbank works with frontline care agencies an support workers throughout the Ribble Valley. These organisations become registered foodbank distributors and hold vouchers which are given directly to individuals and families in crisis. More than 50 referral agencies currently hold vouchers, including:
- Ribble Valley Citizens Advice Bureau
- Salvation Army
- Christians Against Poverty
- Ribblesdale Children’s Centre
- Ribble Valley Borough Council
- Ribble valley Homes
- Pendleside Medical Practice
- The Castle Medical Group
This is a quote from one of our referral agencies:
‘I just wanted to send you an email thanking you for helping my clients over the past few weeks. I cannot emphasize enough what this regular amount of decent food has done for this couple and the work you do is extremely underestimated.
My clients have both put some much needed weight on and have found the strength to move. They are also now actively looking for a more permanent home’.
If you are an existing referral agency and have run out of vouchers, please do not hesitate to contact us for more. Also, please let us know if your Foodbank contact person changes as we would like to keep in touch and send out regular update emails.
If you are an existing referral agency and want to sign up to use our e-referral system please complete our referral agency data security form and return it to us at our Clitheroe address or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The support of local and national businesses is vital to the running of our foodbank. We’d love your business to help us tackle food poverty on your doorstep. There are lots of ways to get involved, from volunteering with us a team building activity, to sharing your expertise.
- Organise a fundraising event to help make sure that no-one has to go hungry.
- Sponsor or donate equipment to help with the day-to-day running of the foodbank.
- Hold a team building day – volunteer with us and see how many food donations your team can sort and pack for people in crisis.
- Ask your staff to share their workplace skills with our volunteers to make us more effective.
- Run a food drive at your offices.
If your company shares our belief that no-one should go hungry in our local area, we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about getting involved please contact us.